School Participation Coordinator
National School Choice Awareness Foundation, Inc.
Full Job Description
National School Choice Awareness Foundation, Inc. is seeking a full-time, remote School Participation Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Participant Engagement, the School Participation Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, encouraging, and supporting school leaders via email and phone outreach to plan school choice awareness events during National School Choice Week each January. These events typically include open houses, spirit weeks, field trips, pep rallies, student talent shows, etc. The School Participation Coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position at the nonprofit National School Choice Awareness Foundation, Inc.
This role requires you to communicate extensively via phone and email daily, creating new and maintaining existing relationships with participants. We are seeking someone that is naturally a people person, who can connect with participants on a professional and personal level. If you can strike up a conversation with a stranger and leave feeling like you just made a new friend for life, we want to hear from you.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Research, develop, present, and promote events and activities to schools that have planned events in the past to increase their level of engagement with events and media via phone and email;
- Assist with prospecting and processing incoming applications for brand new participants;
- Identify and contact potential partners in regions that do not currently have any events;
- Review and process applications for our All Star program (advanced engagement program for our top events);
- Provide updates for Salesforce records, deduping accounts, and cleaning data
- Assist with updating any guides, presentations, emails, etc.;
- Initiate and respond to daily correspondence with schools and individuals;
- Participate in bi-weekly team calls to discuss progress, new ideas, ways to increase engagement, etc.; and
- Other projects as assigned by the Director of Participant Engagement.
Required qualifications include:
- 3+ years customer service/account management;
- Advanced phone and email communication skills;
- Excellent organization and project management skills;
- Self-directed and deadline-driven, with an ability to make sound decisions while managing priorities and projects within a dynamic environment;
- Extensive experience using Google Workspace, Excel, and Salesforce;
- Ability to work remotely under limited supervision; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs and other relevant software.
Preferred qualifications include experience in the following:
- Project management software experience, e.g. Asana, Monday, Trello, etc;
- Event planning experience coordinating events with 100+ attendees; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
The incumbent’s performance will be measured annually via a performance evaluation, which will consider the employee’s success at achieving the goals set forth by the employee’s supervisor, the employee’s adherence to the organization’s policies, and the employee’s contributions to the organization’s exempt charitable activities.
It is the policy of the organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, nationality, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, or any other classification protected by the applicable local, state, or federal laws.
The National School Choice Awareness Foundation, Inc. is a nonprofit charitable organization with the mission of improving K-12 education in the United States and supporting the academic success of all students by raising public awareness of the school options available to families, including public/district, charter, magnet, private, online, and home education.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $24.00 per hour
– 401(k) matching
– Health insurance stipend
– Phone and internet stipend
– Paid time off
– Parental leave
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: Client Services & Customer Support: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
While this is a remote position, we are only able to hire candidates in the following states: Alabama, California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, or Washington.
To Apply For This Position:
Please send your resume and required cover letter to email@example.com